WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS DOES COLORADOSPEED LLC GATHER?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at COLORADOSPEED LLC. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses COLORADOSPEED LLC. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at COLORADOSPEED LLC if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from COLORADOSPEED LLC if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your newsletter subscription.
- Information From Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of COLORADOSPEED LLC's coolest features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only described below and with subsidiaries COLORADOSPEED LLC controls that are either subject to this PRIVACY NOTICE or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this PRIVACY NOTICE.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of COLORADOSPEED LLC customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your newsletter subscription.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets bur remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing PRIVACY NOTICE (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that COLORADOSPEED LLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of COLORADOSPEED LLC and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our CONDITIONS OF USE and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of COLORADOSPEED LLC, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this PRIVACY NOTICE.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the first four and last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
WHAT ABOUT THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
WHAT INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
COLORADOSPEED LLC gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with COLORADOSPEED LLC for the limited purpose of viewing and in certain cases, updating that information.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such COLORADOSPEED LLC features as my account and customer reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your newsletter subscription. (If you do not want to receive CONDITIONS OF USE and other legal notices from us, such as this PRIVACY NOTICE, those notices will still govern your use of COLORADOSPEED LLC and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Privacy Initiatives.
COLORADOSPEED LLC does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use COLORADOSPEED LLC only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES AND REVISIONS
If you choose to visit COLORADOSPEED LLC, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this PRIVACY NOTICE and our CONDITIONS OF USE, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes and application of the law of the state of Colorado. If you have any concern about privacy at COLORADOSPEED LLC, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly and our PRIVACY NOTICE and the CONDITIONS OF USE will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current PRIVACY NOTICE applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.<
EXAMPLES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through COLORADOSPEED LLC or one of our third-part sellers; make a purchase; provide information in my account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; provide employer information when opening a corporate account, provide and rate customer reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers); e-mail addresses of other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and financial information, including Social Security and driver's license numbers.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our subsidiaries; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.